What is Linksys Smart Wifi Router?
A Linksys smart Wi-Fi router is a networking device that provides a service called Linksys Smart Wifi. Before this service, Linksys connect software was there to manage and control your Linksys router and you can access the settings only from your computer that is connected to your Linksys router. But in the Linksys Smart WiFi, you have to create an account that allows you to access your Linksys settings and manage them remotely. You can check the connection status, establish a guest network or set up parental control.
Features available in Linksys Smart Wifi
- The left side of the setup page contains all the tools. The centre of the page contains tools and other information. There are various tools available, as an instance, a tool is there to see that your network is online. And a tool is available to check the number of devices connected to your network. You can decide which tool to display on the main page.
- The information of account, router settings and help page is also available on the setup page.
The Latest Linksys app
The latest Linksys smart wifi router is EA9500. Along with this new router, Linksys announced a better version for the Linksys mobile app. The new interface in the mobile app is sleek and easier to use. The new features are added in this app update. Before the updation, you won’t be able to change the Wifi password or guest network password but now, you can do this. Now, icons are displayed for each feature. These icons make it easy to identify and access the various features. The notification will be sent to you if the router goes offline. You can also share the wifi password through an email or text message. Linksys app download is free and you have to create an account to access your router and to make changes in it remotely.
How to make Linksys smart wifi account?
We are explaining here the steps on how to create a Linksys account. If you have any doubt in these steps then feel free to contact us. We have provided a live support window where the team is available 24/7 to support. Before starting to follow these steps, make sure your device is connected to the Linksys Smart Wifi router network so that you can associate this account with the router.
Creating a Linksys cloud account
- Access the login page of your Linksys router. Open the web browser and type Linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar. Hit the enter key or click on go symbol.
- You will see the wordings “Don’t have an account”. And beside it you will see click here link. Click on it to start making an account.
- Enter the required fields asked by the opened window. Accept the terms and conditions associated with the Linksys account.
- The activation link will be sent to the email address provided in the field. Activate your account by clicking on the link that has been sent.
- Your account will be validated and you can now log in to your account by entering the username and password you have created for your Linksys account.
- Link your router with this account now.
- You have successfully created an account and associated it with your Linksys router.
Now, we will discuss how to reset a Linksys router by using a web browser.
Resetting a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router through a web browser
Linksys has provided a web address to access the setup page and change the router’s settings. You can access this page using the default IP address. Enter the default address in the URL bar like you access any other website. The window that appears asks you for the username and password. Enter the details to land into the Linksys router setup page. This default IP address can be changed. If you have changed it and do not remember it now then you can locate it.
Find the IP address
- Open the command prompt by opening the run window through the start.
- Type ipconfig and press the enter key.
- Note down the IP address. By default the IP address is 192.168.1.1.
You must have a Linksys cloud account to reset your router through this process. This is also called as soft reset. To make a Linksys account, we have explained the steps upwards. So, follow them to make one.
Reset or restart your router
- Input the IP address into the address bar so that you can access the Linksys Smart Wifi cloud account login page.
- Enter the username and password for your account and click on login button.
- Click on troubleshoot and diagnose. Select the restart option. The router will set to default settings when this get finished.
- The soft reset is finished.
If you forgot the password for your Linksys Smart Wifi setup page then we are explaining the steps on how to retrieve the admin password.
Retrieving the admin password
By default, the password for Linksys Smart Wifi router is admin. It is recommended to change the password because of the security reason. There may be many Linksys router near you. So, to protect your network from other networks, you should change the admin password. We require the admin password
- To link the Linksys router with Linksys cloud account to access the router remotely
- Remote management
- To access the setup page of the Linksys router so that you can make the changes.
To find the forgotten password, try these tips.
- You can find the password through your Linksys cloud account.
- If you have Connect version 1.4 then the password is same as the wireless password. This is only for 1.4 versions, so you must have to download this version to retrieve the password.
- If you are using Linksys connect then this software makes a notepad file with the router and wireless password. Check for the file on your system.
- The last option that left is reset your router. You can hard reset your router by holding the reset hole for 10 seconds and then release. The reset hole is too small that it can be pressed by using a paper clip or pin. The hole is located at the bottom of the router. Find the hole and perform the same.
There are four types of passwords associated with your Linksys router. Please do not confuse between each of them.
- Router password / admin password
- Wireless password
- Guest password
- Linksys smart wifi password
The router password and the Linksys smart wifi password are same as they are used to access the setup page of the Linksys router. The guest password is for guest network. The wireless password is used to connect devices to your network to access the internet.
If you have any confusion regarding your Linksys router then connect with us. We have provided a live support window so that a user can easily interact with the technician. Leave your query by sending us a message on the chat window.